NC Zero Twitter
#BREAKING: Three arrested in attempted break-in at NASCAR legend Richard Childress' house last month.
The racing star credited God and the 2nd amendment for surviving the attempted burglary. #Childress
— Lynox R. Norman (@LynoxRN) January 2, 2018
The three young suspected accused of trying to break into Richard Childress’ home last month have been charged with another crime and had their bail increased, according to a press release by the Davidson County (NC) Sherriff’s Department.
The suspects — Niquan Victorin, 20, Chance Hines, 18, and Armeka Spinks, 18 — have now also been charged with conspiracy to commit first degree burglary and possession of stolen firearms. They each received an additional $200,000.00 bond each.
All three of the suspects had already been charged with attempted first-degree burglary, a felony, and first degree trespassing, a misdemeanor. They’re all being held in the Davidson County Detention Center under an initial $250,000.00 secured bond.
All are scheduled to appear in Davidson (NC) District Court on Jan. 16, according to North Carolina Court records.
Childless, the NASCAR Hall of Famer, was home with his wife when he heard a window break. He grabbed his handgun and went to investigate. He opened the front door, fired three shots, and the intruders fled. None of the men actually made their way into Childress’ home.
His surveillance camera caught three suspects who tried to conceal their identity. But Sheriff David Grice told Alt-Driver said that, based on the surveillance video at Childress’ home, one suspect appeared to be carrying a “a rifle, sort of an AR-type rifle with 25-30 round magazine,” a shotgun and a handgun. The suspects were covered head to toe and authorities can only see their eyes.
The firearms used in the attempted burglary were stolen, and authorities said the weapons matched the description of those used in the Childress incident. From there, authorities were able to track down the suspects.